Sunday, August 22, 2021

Meandering Thoughts #11

I almost didn't blog tonight. However, around 9:30 pm, I began working on a Facebook post that would explain my unwillingness to blog. What I thought would be a brief apology, began to evolve into a long winded explanation of a television series I enjoyed watching on Netflix. Then someone's voice whispered "by the time you are done writing, you could have turned it into a blog post."

So, I grabbed the laptop, signed into Blogger, and began typing. It is not much to look at, but it may become an introduction to something better.

Most importantly, I sat down and wrote something.

Into the Badlands -- Movie Poster


Well, I instead of exercising, doing a load of laundry, or, heaven forbid, working on a blog post, I binged the last half dozen episodes of a television series. It only lasted three seasons (and the first season had six episodes). But it took me five years finish it. And my patience paid off.

Sort of.

It is a post-apocalyptic, martial-arts, fantasy, sci-fiction, soap opera. (And now I just lost two-thirds my regular readers). It engrossed me from the first few minutes of episode one. A strange, fascinating world. Memorable, complex characters. Awesome fight scenes. And a set of smart, beautiful women who know how to survive. (There are at least three for whom I would be more than happy to serve as their regent...)

I loved watching it. Whether following the characters and their attempts to make sense of their chaotic world. Or consuming the colorful, intricate, and diverse costumes that would be soaked by extreme violence, and mask deep secrets. I immersed myself in the story, and its myriad subplots. Even the choreography of the fight scenes, that played out like a deadly partnering between angry dancers, pulled me into the plot.

And then it ended, like loose ends of a torn shirt, pointed, jagged, and stranded. Which I usually do not mind. Because that is how I roll when it comes to my post-apocalyptic, martial-arts, fantasy, sci-fiction, soap operas. 

But the final scene, the moment that it ended, well, it left me jaded. Then a few minutes later, I became curious. So I did some research. And now I do not know how to feel.

In other words, I am confused.

There is no better way for me to work through my thoughts, then to start getting them out of my head.

So, I decided to write this up as an introduction to what I hope to be a review. 

We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment