Sunday, December 19, 2021

A Brief Interlude (#16)

For those who were not paying attention, I skipped last week's blog post (for those who were, thank you for noticing!). Something came up, but I cannot remember now. Maybe it was fatigue. Or perhaps disinterest. I know it was not anything serious. But, I am back. Not in full force. Not yet, at least. Christmas is only six days away, and I have a lot to accomplish.

Yet, I want to post something today, so I do not lose my way. So, here goes.

(This time it will be different. This time she won't take the ball away from me. This time I will actually get to kick it. And show the world what I can really achieve.) 

Charlie Brown Lucy and the Football by Charles M Schulz
I have not done any more fiction writing. Missed last week's blogging. Been sporadic with my journaling. And all but gave up on strenuous physical activity. At the moment, as I sit in a recliner, typing, I feel like a blob oozing away into nothingness. The contents of a week's worth of festive feasts, consumed across two days, anchor me to the present.

Or, in clear, concise wording: After weeks of avoiding my goals, I am tired, bloated, and do not want to do anything.

(I like the first paragraph, but know the second is better.)

The fact is this self-pity, in written form, is part of my identity. Check any of my previous blog posts. 

However, I am aware that I have changed. That I am even bothering to write at this moment,  intent on posting these words in a few hours, demonstrates how I much I have evolved. The old me would have just called it quits, returning after a few years. The new me is back after just one week.

Sure, the first draft of my novel is still incomplete. My blog is far short of the insightful, inspiring collection of writings I want it to be. This past month's journal entries have numerous gaps in them.  And my pants barely fit.

Yet, before my eyes is a completed blog post, with four hours still left before I publish.

And the start of a new week, an opportunity to steer things into a better direction.

Let us see how it unfolds...     

(But, at the moment, I have to go check on the laundry, and prepare dinner.)

No comments:

Post a Comment