Sunday, May 8, 2022

A Deep Breath (#3)

After last Sunday's lengthy post, I will keep today's entry rather brief. On my phone, in the Chrome browser, are over hundred open tabs. They comprise articles that provoked in me intellectual and emotional responses. The oldest, I believe, has remained untouched since last September. The youngest was discovered within the past twelve hours. I have collected them in the hopes of writing down my initial reactions, doing some research, and arriving at revised conclusions. Then I would share these findings on my blog.


It is not that I think I have something new and profound to say on a particular topic. Rather, I gather so much information in the course of the day that I need to sort it out. And each packet of information ignites debates within my mind. If I do not release my thoughts, I am going to explode. Writing is the safest and least aggressive way for me to engage with these struggles.

Also, if I publish it, I have to own it. For me, that means being more thoughtful about my choice of words and voice. Being more careful with my assumptions and assertions. Being more thorough with my research.

And admit when I am wrong. 

However, before I can present anything to the world from that collection of thought-provoking articles, I need to sit down and write my response to at least one of them.

So, that is my goal this week.

Pick the first one in the list, and write up my initial thoughts. Do some research. Contrast my new reactions to my old ones. Revise my analysis. Edit my prose. Then hit "Publish" on the Blogger toolbar. Finally, welcome any constructive feedback.

But first, I have to sit down and start writing.

(I will keep you posted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment