Thursday, June 4, 2020

My Weekly Checkup (#9)

A Collection of Some Things I Found, Some Thoughts I Had This Week


Today's Weekly Checkup continues the theme of sharing videos with you. This time, because I forgot I had to post something today. It occurred to me ten minutes ago, when my Google Calendar notified my (yes, I set weekly reminders for this blog). 

Unfortunately (or, perhaps, fortunately) several things caught my attention and distracted me today.

But I do have something up my sleeve, which I have been saving for just an occasion. 

So, please enjoy!

(Another painting that I am glad I discovered.)

Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honoré Fragonard


I will share the longest one first. I love ballads, and I love listening to Harry Chapin. This song is in my top five favorite songs from him. His intro makes me smile, while the story itself makes me sigh (in a good way) each and every time I hear it. Not going to lie: there was a time in my life when I thought I was going to be that midnight watchman.



I share the beautiful (and prettiest one) next. Her name is Hilary Hahn. She is a violinist. And with this video she proves that classical musical can be as sexy as rock and roll. Damn I need to listen to more classical music. (Seriously, her passion is incredibly moving).



And, for last, I have saved the saddest. It is from Warren Zevon, and it was made shortly before he died from cancer. I teared up the first time I saw it. And even on the hundredth viewing, I still get misty eyed.



No comments:

Post a Comment