Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Vegetable Gardening and Me (#20)

They aren't magical, but my beans seem to be full of surprises. This week is no exception.

As I mentioned in my first post on gardening, I am not an expert gardener, and I have made plenty of mistakes, but my adventures may help others have more fun and success. 

Also, I now have a page dedicated to gardening, that will contain all past and future posts, as well as resources I have found useful.


A Beautiful, Green Caterpillar Enjoying My Garden

Planning is good. Except when not planning pays off. Even when it involves a hot mess. A little patience, a bit of hope, a willingness to let things unfold, and that hot mess may just bear fruit. My jungle of a bean garden is proof. The little, red flowers keep blooming. The larger pods are still there, growing and drying out. And shorter, sweeter pods keep popping up. I know they are sweet, because I just picked a few yesterday, and ate them. Right off the vine. Delicious! 

So, I am glad, in this case, that I did not try to force their progress, and allowed these bean plant to find their way into my world. I let go, which some times is difficult for me. While a more thorough planning still remains a goal of mine, I will at least make an allowance for spontaneity and patience.

Given the conditions under which this garden season started, I would say I was quite fortunate. And I will take the presence of that creature in the second photo below as a sign that my garden is blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment