Thursday, September 17, 2020

My Weekly Checkup (#22)

A Collection of Some Things I Found, Some Thoughts I Had This Week

A site suggestion, and a particular video from their YouTube channel, that I found interesting and informative.

(Found this painting while searching through the work of women painters.)

Portrait (Maybe) by Marie Denise Villers



With the election less than fifty days away, I have been in search of reliable, informative, and through-provoking sites dedicated to politics. It has been difficult. Very difficult. However, for the past two weeks, I have been satisfied with my time spent listening to various videos put out by FiveThirtyEight. This one in particular has been rewarding. It covers, in detail, how elections work in Ohio, but also how a politician is more than just a caricature, or one-dimensional creature. Even if you are not from Ohio (I am not), you can still learn a lot about how state (and even local governments) work. Finally, it is reassuring to see two adults with differing opinions having a rational discussion without putting each other down, or resorting to hyperbole.

How Ohio Is Preparing For A Pandemic Election




No comments:

Post a Comment