Sunday, October 11, 2020

Meandering Thoughts (#2)

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

Winter The Vicarage Garden under Snow by Vincent van Gogh

Many miles stretch before me, but unfortunately, these beautiful woods are distracting. Or, maybe, I find the remaining distance daunting. Perhaps, I finally realize my present burden is too demanding. Then again, I could just be lost. Regardless, I am at an impasse. And all despite my companion's gentle reminder to continue onto the journey's end, wherever that may be (He still refuses to tell me!).

Sigh.

I must confess, I ran out of time, to write the thoughts that I have been meaning to share. Rather than push onto the end, beneath evening's shadows, through falling snow, bearing the weight of whatever load I refuse to relinquish, I am going to stop. 

(For a moment.)

And enjoy these lovely woods.

(For one brief moment.)

Before turning back to the many miles ahead of me.

(Because I do have many promises that I plan to keep.)



No comments:

Post a Comment