Thursday, September 22, 2022

My Weekly Checkup (#26)

When I began this series shortly after starting my blog, I was being ambitious. But I was exploring new directions for my writing, too.  My hope was to build my confidence, and eventually express my opinions on controversial topics. I thought I would start small, and list links to stuff I found interesting, intriguing, and inspiring. Eventually I gave up on both. The last time I posted a weekly checkup was just over two years ago

Last Sunday, after skipping my blog post, I decided to bring the weekly checkups back.

My writing has stalled. I have not written a page of fiction since last November. The quality of my blogging is inconsistent. Occasionally I skip it. In addition, the content has been provincial. My life is plain and ordinary, and I lack the writing to render it otherwise. Only twice have I shared my thoughts on contemporary events and infamous people. However, I am still not brave enough to provide it regularly. Describing my own failures comes easy for me; explaining my political views is nearly impossible.

By resurrecting my weekly checkups, I hope to improve my writing and build up my courage. They will contain links to articles I have found, books I have read, and topics I have discovered. And I will attach a short synopsis to each. Nothing elaborate or profound, just initial thoughts and emotions. A lot of questions, too. But they will consist of opinions.

Small, doable, but uncomfortable steps.

That is an effective way to improve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment