Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Vegetable Gardening and Me (#12)

As I mentioned in my first post on gardening, I want to make this a weekly post. I am not an expert gardener, and I have made plenty of mistakes, but my adventures may help others have more fun and success. 

Also, I now have a page dedicated to gardening, that will contain all past and future posts, as well as resources I have found useful.

The fruits of my labor have begun to arrive...

First Harvest of 2020 by Me
Disclaimer: I am not a professional. All my posts are for informational and entertainment purposes only. I reserve the right to change, edit, or correct any of the content found on the blog at any time without notification. Use at your own risk. 

I was able to collect three yellow squashes, two green ones, and a star-shaped variety. The tomatoes are still a month away, as well as the peppers. But there are two eggplants that are close to picking.  Maybe one more week.  And a few ears of corn are taking shape. My winter squashes have begun to produce fruit, but I do not have to start thinking about them until September. The Brussels sprouts are not due until late September, perhaps early October. However, the peas, beans, and cucumbers, which were planted later in the season, are not even close. 





I have not seen too many rabbits this past week. My plants are mature, and, for some, that would be appealing, but for rabbits, not so much. Perhaps the third application of the fox urine has finally done it. Or the fencing has become too much of a bother. Then again, they may have found greener pastures. Though,  my now fully operational sprinkler system, which goes off very early in the morning, might be the culprit.

Most likely, it is a combination of all these things.

Or they are just messing with me...





In the end, things are moving along. Not as far along as I would like, but then again, I made no official plans, so I have only myself to blame.

And those pesky rabbits...


No comments:

Post a Comment